Nowadays all companies seek convenience, efficiency and speed when developing and carrying out their computer processes to detect any errors and vulnerabilities that may exist.
The development of automatic QA has been a great advance for the execution of these tests since thanks to this testing it is possible to carry out numerous tests in less time than with manual QA.
In this article you will be able to know what automation is and what advantages it has, as well as when it is advisable to change from manual testing to automatic testing.
What is automation?
Process automation is the ability of a system to execute a series of tasks and improve efficiency and speed. It is also responsible for controlling, correcting and making visible the workflows along with the creation of reports of this entire process.
Automation tests aim to detect failures and prevent a person from having to run such tests manually, which in many cases takes longer and means less efficiency. These automation tests simulate human interaction in the software.
Manual and automatic testing
Manual and automatic tests are still complementary to each other for the correct development of a process. However, manual tests allow for deeper analysis and more realistic insights, while automated tests are ideal for repetitive and more complex tests, since they will do so in a faster and more effective way.
Automation has numerous advantages that favor the development of the tests to be executed:
- Greater capacity for the execution of tests: through automation it is possible to perform a greater number of tests in less time. They can be run 24/7 without the need for the personnel in charge of checking these tests to be present.
- Lower prices: optimize the costs of each test, allowing more completeness at a more adjusted price. Price reduction with automation comes with the repetition of tests over time.
- Data reliability: Human error is less likely to occur.
- Increases quality and reliability indicators: automatic testing is capable of detecting regression, integration and functional failures. For this, the role played by those responsible for testing will be fundamental and very participatory since they must report and report very accurately.
- Continuous integration and Devops: Devops is a trend of modern software development. Its goal is to streamline the software release process by quickly responding to business demands. For this reason, the automation of tests is necessary to speed up the delivery process.
- Substantial time savings: thanks to the automation of tests, the capacity of the testing equipment is multiplied.
- Improves productivity: allows you to run more tests without having to have the work of multiple people to test. This means that the work team is more efficient and productive.
When is it advisable to switch from manual to automatic testing?
The process of introducing automation into a company’s systems is a step that many companies have a hard time taking, but it is important to have the help of automation to progress. If you want to know how to start automating your tests, here are the steps you should follow.
It is important to know when it is necessary to move from manual testing to automatic testing, some of the situations to take into account to start automating your tests are the following:
- When there are repetitive processes.
- In complex cases that take a long time.
- To minimize human error.
- When testing is needed on multiple platforms.
- There are extensive flows that require quite a few updates.
- The resources are not enough to comply in time with the established schedules.
- Multiple tests are required.
- We work under DevOps methodologies.
- Critical components need to be tested.
Once your company begins to present any of the situations mentioned above, it is time to switch to automatic testing, and in this way achieve greater effectiveness in your tests in less time.
Automation at CENTUM Digital
At CENTUM Digital we are experts in manual and automatic testing. To achieve a correct execution and adapt the QA our clients, we have testing professionals capable of performing both manual and automatic tests on Mobile Devices, Videos, Fixed Devices, IoT, Apps and Websites.
The manual testing service allows great flexibility in the testplan and a level of detail in each test. This type of QA is very useful in products not yet completely mature that need the subjectivity that only one person can bring.
In addition to manual testing, at Centum Digital we have developed an automation platform called YaTT. An automatic testing solution that allows programmed executions on physical devices in a single interface. This platform is responsible for checking the functionalities of the applications and avoiding errors before customers detect it. It is compatible for both mobile and tables, IOS and Android, as well as smartTV, STB, Web
At CENTUM Digital we offer the services of Hybrid QA, through which we help you select the type of QA that best suits your needs as a company. We accompany you throughout the process of running tests and advise you which type of testing is most suitable for your company, manual or automatic.
We will notify you when it is convenient to change QA to save time and costs and achieve greater effectiveness in the execution of the tests.
Working in short cycle times means that Quality Assurance must be accelerated and this is not always possible manually.